Sunday, August 9, 2009


I have to start out by apologizing, this is normally the weekend events rap up, but things have been crazy, so I am having to rewind a day and start with Thursday!

Thursday, Luke was ready to go back to school after having a two day stomach bug. It started off as a normal morning...get up, get dressed, out the door. We arrived at Ms. Mable's house and I opened Luke's door to get out of the truck and walked around the back to go to Zach's door. Somewhere in between there Luke tripped over something in the truck or his own feet and fell out of truck, head first into the concrete and rock driveway. There was blood everywhere and we made our very first trip to the emergency room. They took a look at it and determined that it didn't need stitches, thank goodness! Jeff came home from work and spoiled him the rest of the day while I went to work.

Thursday evening, Jeff and I went to orientation at Luke's new school. We filled out tons of papers, met his teacher and saw his new classroom. We also found out that he is in the same class as his good little friend, Kathryn! He is sooo excited! While at orientation, I was told that I would not be able to walk Luke to his class for "safety and routine" purposes and the tears started flowing. I know that it is time for him to be a big boy, but he will ALWAYS be my baby! After, Jeff and I went to Chili's for margaritas and dinner and Luke and Zach had dinner at Sammy's with Papa and Nannie. You can head over to Renee's blog to check those pics!

Friday, Luke got to go to his new school and meet his teacher. You can read and see more of that in the next post...First Day of School Part I. He also got to visit with his cousins, Benjie, Adie and Rhodes, Aunt Noonie and MawMaw Pat. They came in for what seems to be a whirlwind trip...we didn't even get to visit or have them over for dinner. Hopefully next time!

Saturday morning, Jeff took the ol' training wheels off of Luke's bike and away he went! Yes, thats correct, riding his bike with NO TRAINING WHEELS!! I went out to take pictures and you would know that the battery went dead just after I snapped the first one! But I promise to make up for that!

And finally, today, its Sunday morning and I am still in my pj's. Tomorrow, is a HUGE day. I am trying to mentally and emotionally prepare myself for it! I have a very special evening planned for Luke. You will be able to see more of it in First Day of School Part II.

Hope you had an excellent weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment