Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Under the Weather

Well...things at this house have been quite interesting and chaotic. I noticed over the weekend that Zach had this green yucky stuff in his eyes. Being the paranoid Mom that I am, I made him an appointment to see the doctor Monday afternoon. On my way there, I was called by St. Patrick's. Luke was in the office and was sick with a "bug". I called my sweet niece Alexis and she was nice enough to go get Luke for me and keep him until Jeff or I got to town.

Zach turned out to have conjunctivitis in his eyes and was given some ointment for it. Poor little Luke spent the rest of evening feeling under the weather. He was just soo pitiful and sad. Tuesday morning, he stayed home from school and went to work with me for a little bit. Now, you know that Luke is sick when he doesn't talk, doesn't want to play and voluntarily lays down on the floor and goes to sleep. Sweet baby! He stayed pretty puny and slept most of the day yesterday, but by last night was feeling a little better. He stayed home again today and can I just say that Luke is back to Luke! He has just about talked my ears OFF today!

Yesterday, while Luke was napping, I made Chicken Parmesan for our neighbors, The Carter's, that brought home their new baby on Monday. He is just soo little and sweet. I am going to snap a picture of him soon so everyone can see. Sweet little Luke is dying to "go see that new baby", but I keep telling him that we have to be 100% sure that he is germ free!

This morning, I decided that since I would be home all day that I would make a big pot of Beef Stew. My house is smelling sooo good right now! Luke requested some fried okra. And since he hasn't been eating too much in the past couple of days, I am happy to oblige that for him!

Zach stayed home with us today too! Here he is this morning having his breakfast....prunes!!

Also today, Luke decided that we were going to have a pretend "birthday party". He insisted that I get him some party plates, napkins, cups, forks and knives. Then he and I went into the pantry and he decided on fudge swirls and cheese balls for our food and applejuice for our "punch". He even made us invitations. While I fed Zach, he set the table and put the food out all by himself. He then told me that I need to give him a present and gave me some of his toys to "wrap" for him. After bottle, Zach and I attended his birthday party. He was soo proud of himself. What an imagination!

So as you can see, for two days, I have done nothing but cook food, clean my house and take care of my babies and as much as I LOVE it and them, work is looking reallllly good tomorrow!
Leaving you with pictures of my two sweet babies!



No comments:

Post a Comment