Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Conversations with Luke

I want to share a few of the conversations that Luke and I share. I think that you will find them as funny as I do:

On the way to Ms. Mable's house in the mornings:

Luke: "Mom, whats that tractor called?"
Me: "I dont know, Luke, maybe its the street paver"
Luke: "oh"
Luke (same breath): "Mom, what are those worker builders doing?"
Me: "they are working on the road"
Luke: "Mom, what are their names?"
Me: (wondering if Luke thinks that I know everyone on earth), "umm, I dont know, Luke, maybe his name is Joe..."
Luke: "Joe?"

Shopping, in line with at least 20 people on Saturday:
Luke: "MeMe, whats that smell?"
MeMe: "I dont know, Luke, I dont smell anything..."
Luke: "Well, I do!!!"
(this is one of those earth please swallow me moments)

In the car this afternoon after school:
Luke: "Mom, can I go to work with you tomorrow?"
Me: "No, you have to go to school tomorrow..."
Luke: "But I want to watch you make money..."
(Jeff and I tell him that we have to go to work to "make money" so he can have and do all of the fun things that he gets and does)

Each day is a new day with Luke. He keeps me on my toes with his 100 questions a day, I try hard to answer each one with a good answer (even if I have to make something up!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment