Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mr. Fix It, Two Good Recipes and Good Friends

As a parent, I think that we aspire for our children to do great things in life. Most parents wish for their children to be doctors, lawyers or even President of the United States on day. Well, I still think that Luke is going to do great things in life...as long as it involves taking things apart! He is OBSESSED with taking things apart! Saturday morning, he took at least 6 Thomas the Trains apart and put them back together, CORRECTLY! (BTW, Jeff said that he gets this trait from him, he said that each toy he had got taken apart at some point and time!) So lets just pray that eventually he will move from trains to maybe humans and be a surgeon one day, I mean, they do "take things apart, fix them and put them back together" HAHA!


Earlier this week, I called my Nana and requested a recipe and two fresh veggies from my Dad's garden. Saturday evening, I whipped up the most delicious Shrimp Stuffed Eggplant. I didn't get a picture of the final product, because Jeff and I were too busy devouring it! I will share the recipe with you, BUT you will have to come up with your own measurements, because I just did a lot of "dumping" in!

2 Eggplants
Shrimp (I just got the frozen ones in the bag from WM)
1 Egg
Bread Crumbs
Chopped onion, bellpepper, green onions, parsley
Parmesan cheese
shredded cheese

Cut eggplants in half and boil till soft. Saute' your Holy Trinity! Add shrimp, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese. Hollow your eggplants, leaving only the shell and put the "guts" of the eggplant in the bread crumb mixture. Mix well. Stuff back into eggplant shells and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and top with shredded cheese and put back in oven to melt.

I also made a wonderful dessert that I was testing for a lunch that I have to attend next weekend. It was super and super EASY.

1 package chocolate chip cookies
1 tub cool whip
1 package cream cheese
1/2 sugar
frozen strawberry juice
fresh strawberries

Put your cookies in the bottom of a spring form pan in a single layer. Mix sugar and cream cheese. Add juice, mix. Add cool whip, mix. Add strawberries (cut in pieces), mix. Pour over the top of the cookies. Place in freezer for 6 hours or until set. Remove from freezer, top with remaining fresh strawberries and ENJOY! SOOO YUMMY!! (Just be sure to eat it quickly or put it back in the freezer, or it will melt!)

Sunday evening, we went to Chad and Amanda's for a fish fry. They are the best neighbors and we really enjoy their company. Jeff always makes the best fried fish, complete with fries, coleslaw and the above strawberry dessert. It was a great evening!
The Guys Cooking

Luke and Kenidy

Zach and Miss Amanda


In other news this weekend, Friday, we spent the evening at home, nothing exciting. Saturday, Luke went on a road trip with Daddy and Ms. Debra. They went to Gonzales to the Swamp Pop Fest and Luke's favorite store, Cabelas. Luke spent the night with Papa Saturday night and Sunday morning, he got a special treat. Papa took him fishing at Nana and PawPaw and then to the Country Club to play golf and swim. If you talk to Luke soon, be sure to ask him alllll about golfing! He will proudly tell you that he played 13 holes of golf and did sooo good and got in the hole and rode in the golf cart!

Zach and Jeff got to do special some bonding time on Saturday evening while Luke was away. And Zach actually got to play with some of his toys, without Big Brother stealing things away from him!



Whewww, what a weekend. Somewhere in there, I managed to make groceries, get a manicure, clean my house and wash a thousand (HA!) loads of laundry. I am looking forward to going back to work tomorrow, just so I can rest a little! HAHA!

Hope everyone has a great week. I have a special picture treat that I worked on this weekend too! So be looking for it in the mail soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment