Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Tale of Two Lovies

Introducing Lovie and Lovie...


Before Luke was born, his MeMe bought him his first Lovie. He immediately took to it and carried it around with him every where he went. You could always tell when Luke was tired, because he would take Lovie's arm and rub it on his nose. It got to the point that Lovie's arm was totally disgusting! So off MeMe goes to purchase a new Lovie. Well, Luke noticed the difference right away. So now, he calls it his old Lovie and new Lovie. He doesn't carry them around anymore, but when he feels bad or needs a little extra love-love, he asks for them.

When I was pregnant with Zach, I told MeMe that Zach was going to need his own Lovie. Being the great MeMe that she is, she called the store in Natchez, MS and had one just like Luke's shipped in for Zach. I have started giving Zach his Lovie mostly when I am able to watch him, because I am still concerned about him putting it over his face. However, when Zach is getting sleepy, he is just like his brother. I can put Lovie next to him and he immediately calms.



I think that it is sooo sweet that my two babies love their Lovie's so much! I hope that it brings comfort to them when I can't be there for them. I am sure that one day a long long time from now...Lovie and Lovie will be attending college with Luke and Zach!

No comments:

Post a Comment