Friday, July 24, 2009

We're Going to the Chapel and We're Gonna Get Married

Today, on Kelly's Korner Blog Hop, she is doing "Show Us Your Wedding Dress".

My dress was made by Alfred Angelo, it was all white satin, a-line cut with a large band of pearls at the top. I picked it out of a magazine, found a store that carried it, tried it on and that was a wrap on that! 11 months later, on our 6 year dating anniversary..."We Went to Chapel and Got Married"!!

My wedding dress is now stored in the top of my closet...I find myself taking it down and looking at it every once in a while...reminds me of one of the most wonderful days of my life (that and the birth of my two babies). I can remember soo well...being at the historic Catholic church in Woodville, them telling me it was time to walk down the isle, they closed the doors to the church and Mr. Don (a life long family friend that came to play my wedding especially for me!) began to play the wedding march on the very old organ and they opened the doors to the church for me. There I stood, my white dress, my flowers, my Daddy, a church full of people looking at me and my husband to be waiting on me at the end of the isle...time stood still and everything in my world was completely right.

2 comments:

  1. Your dress was gorgeous. I enjoyed my visit to your blog...Hope you will visit me...I have a fun post up today with two giveaways on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous picture! WHat a beautiful bride! ;)

    ReplyDelete